If you would like to receive information about opportunities for students graduating in May you may sign up for Remind101 by texting @ktopp for Seniors and @ktopps for Juniors to 81010.
College Checklist -- freedomdocument://3a435862-d4c7-48f5-a3e7-5a8680ff8f3d
ACT -- http://www.actstudent.org
- Test fee -- $39.50
- Must upload a photo and print ticket
- October 24
- December 12
- February 6
- April 9
- June 11
Free online ACT, PSAT and SAT Test Prep - Go online to www.esfweb.com, click on "Go Directly to Home Page," click on "testGEAR"logo, , click on "Create a new portfolio," enter site ID: 1212403, enter password: collegeplanning, choose "testGEAR."
Mississippi State University- Fall Preview Day is scheduled for October 12, October 26, and November 9 (students choose only one day). Students will have the chance to hear from academic representatives, check out residence halls, see the Sanderson Center and eat lunch with current MSU students. They will receive a t-shirt, lunch, & MSU ice cream. The cost for Fall Preview Day is $10 and space is limited.
Mississippi University for Women -- The W will be hosting two Navigating Nursing Days for high school juniors and seniors who are interested in learning more about a career in nursing. Juniors and seniors are invited to attend. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and at least a 21 on their ACT. Students may choose to attendNovember 5 or February 25. See Mrs. Jones if you are interested in attending.
Luckyday Scholarships -- Each year, the University of MS awards 75 Luckyday scholarships ranging from $2000 to $5000 per year. The Luckyday Scholarship is awarded to entering University of MS freshman who are a MS resident, have an ACT score of 20 or higher (940 or higher on SAT), have a high school GPA or 3.2 or higher, and who demonstrate remaining financial need after awarding of other scholarships and grants. For more information visitluckydayscholarship.olemiss.edu or call 662-915-3902.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarship information is posted as it is received. Please be mindful of deadlines because they are NOT listed in order by dates.
- Richard and Elizabeth Dean Academic Scholarship - $5000 awarded to graduating high school senior with minimum of 4.0 gpa.
- Dr. Aura-Lee A. and James Hobbs Pittenger American History Scholarship - $2000 for graduating senior enrolling in American History of Government.
- Lucinda Beneventi Findley History Scholarship - $2000 awarded to graduating senior planning to major in history.
- Madeline Pickett Cogswell Nursing Scholarship - $1000 to DAR-affiliated student
Get2College - 100 Seniors will win $1000 Scholarships. Students may complete an application on-line at get2college.org or see Mrs. Topps for an application
- Modern Woodmen of America - ($500- $16000 scholarships) Must be a beneficial member of Modern Woodmen for at least two years & must be a high school Senior in the upper 1/2 of his/her graduating class. For more information, please contact Wayne Averett at 662-871-9235 or Jerry.W.Averett.Jr@mwarep.org.
- MedicalAssistantDegrees.net's $500 scholarship is free to apply for and the application deadline December 31 2015. Applicants must submit a 750-1000 word essay on why they wish to pursue a career in the healthcare field. For more details about this scholarship, please visit:https://www.medicalassistantdegrees.net/scholarship/
Elks Most Valuable Student
Details: Strong academics, leadership, financial need
www.elks.org/enf/scholarsHoratio Alger National and State Scholarship
Recipients: seniors who have demonstrated perseverance in adversity
Details: Financial need/academics
www.horatioalger.org/scholarshipsMagnolia Bar Foundation Scholarship Fund: Leonard McClellan Scholarship
Recipients: senior who graduates from a private or public high school in Mississippi who has shown a strong interest in and is enthusiastic about the science of jurisprudence
Details: GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4 point scale and demonstrate a need for financial aid
http://www.cfgj.org/scholarships.htmlMiriam Scarborough Scholarship
Recipients: female accepted to attend a Mississippi college or university
Details: based on academic achievement, leadership, and need; 24 ACT; 2.5 GPAQ; resume, itemized cost figure for the school year
http://www.peomississippi.org/index/menus/Mississippi%20State%20Project/Miriam%20Scarborough%20Scholarship%20-%20Brochure/MSS_brochure-new.pdfMississippi Council of the Blind James Doyle Case Memorial Scholarship
Award: $1500 per year for 4 years
Recipients: applicant or applicant’s parent must be legally blind
Details: 3.0 GPA
Award: full tuition, fees, and book allowance
Details: 2.5 GPA, 20 ACT, demonstrate leadership abilities through extracurricular activities, financial need, essay
http://riseupms.com/state-aid/nissan/Regions Riding Forward Scholarship
Recipients: grades 9-12
Details: essay competition
www.regions.com/ridingforwardYoung Farmers Scholarship Foundation
Recipients: 2 reserved for incoming freshmen
Details: Must attend a Mississippi college or university; show need for financial assistance, academic ability, and leadership qualities; Must be pursuing an agriculture related major
- The Good South
Details: well rounded students who excel both in and out of the classroom
- Prudential Spirit of Community
Recipients: grades 5-12
Details: exemplary community service
- Mississippi Municipal League Scholarships
Recipients: The MMLGeneral Scholarship is open to all high school seniors and is co-sponsored by Mississippi Power Company.The MMLLimited Scholarship is open to children or grandchildren of employees or elected officials of Mississippi municipalities and to high school seniors working part-time for a member municipality of the Mississippi Municipal League and is co-sponsored by Phelps Dunbar.The Mississippi Municipal Service Company Limited Scholarship is open to children or grandchildren of employees or elected officials of Mississippi municipalities that are members of the Mississippi Municipal Liability Plan or the Mississippi MunicipalWorkers’ Compensation Group.
Details: application and essay
- Mississippi Concrete Industries
Recipients: juniors and seniors ages 16-18
Details: Essay competition
- Magnolia Bar Foundation Scholarship Fund: Mock Trial Competition
Award: $700 for first place; $500 for second place; and $300 for third place
Recipients: high school seniors who compete and are determined to be the best senior advocates
- Mae Meriwether Zifcak Girl Scout Scholarship Fund
Recipients: graduating senior registered with Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi Council
Details:Items of importance reviewed by the committee will include Girl Scout award status (silver/ gold), academic merit, leadership potential, motivation (future goals), financial need and community involvement.
- Episcopal Diocese of Mississippi
Various scholarships for students of the Episcopal or Greek Orthodox faith
Scholarship Website: http://www.spokeo.com/scholarship/list
GREAT SCHOLARSHIP SOURCE: Visit this websites for a link to other scholarships! http://www.esfweb.com/?page_id=178. Check it out!! Also....http://www.schoolsoup.com/scholarship-directory
TuitionFundingSources.com Check out scholarships at this site.
MS STATE FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION:
Students Must Apply Online for Financial Aid
There is a single application for all state financial aid programs. Encourage your seniors to apply early. Seniors may apply online at www.mississippi.edu/financialaid for the following programs:
- Mississippi Resident Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG) -Application Deadline: September 15; Document Deadline: October 15
- Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant (MESG) -Document Deadline: October 15
- Higher Education Legislative Plan for Needy Students (HELP) -Application Deadline: March 31; Document Deadline: April 30
- Nissan Scholarship - Application and Document Deadline: March 1(MUST apply through the Nissan information page)
- Summer Developmental Program Grant -Application and Document Deadline: July 21